Mr. Julian is a business litigator admitted to practice in all Ohio state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Max’s personal interests include skiing, chamber music, tennis, The Cleveland Orchestra, fishing and gardening. He grew up in Lakewood, Ohio and currently lives in Cleveland.
- Successfully defended, as part of a team of attorneys, client in non-compete litigation and obtained settlement of countersuit in client’s favor
- Litigated and secured favorable judgment in bench trial against seller for breach of warranties (Avon Lake Mun. Ct.)
- Obtained settlement and favorable resolution of homeowners’ dispute with negligent general contractor
- Obtained a $174,000 judgment in favor of a software company in a lawsuit against a non-paying business customer, plus $73,000 in attorneys’ fees
Awards and Recognition
- Top Attorneys: Ohio’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, Cincinnati Magazine, 2019
- Super Lawyers Ohio Rising Star, 2019 & 2020
- Cleveland-Marshall Pro Bono Award
- Cleveland-Marshall Moot Court, National Appellate Advocacy Competition, brief writing award
Max earned his J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in May 2015. During law school, he completed a judicial externship in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He was also a legal writing teaching assistant, a member of the Cleveland-Marshall Moot Court Team, as well as an editor of the Journal of Law and Health. Prior to law school, Max taught English at Sun Yat-sen University in Southern China. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Miami University.
Max discusses the basic elements of a contract, including which provisions must be included in an enforceable contract and why each one is important.
Max walks us through Restrictive Covenants such as Confidentiality, Non-Compete Agreements, and others, and explains how to ensure they are enforceable.
- Cleveland Donauschwaben; Executive Committee
- German Language School Cleveland; Board Member-At-Large
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- All Ohio state courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio