The Gertsburg Law Firm works hard for businesses and the community. Here are some of the things we’ve been working on.
1. CoverMySix Business Vulnerability Assessment – Business owners and leaders of companies that have been in business at least 3 years, have at least $1 million in revenues, or at least 10 employees are invited to schedule a confidential, no-cost Vulnerability Check with GLF CEO Alex Gertsburg. Meet with Alex to learn where the legal minefields are in your documents and processes and walk away with solutions you can apply yourself. Whether you have a large company or a small start-up, check out covermysix.com to learn about the full CM6 audit suite.
2. GLF Around Town – Partner Chris Zirke just returned from The Franchise Show in Columbus, where he presented “How to Buy a Franchise with Friends”. In February, attorney Nick Weiss presented “What I Wish I’d Known: Reducing Small Business Legal Vulnerability” at the Richfield Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon. And in March, Alex joined a panel of prestigious attorneys at the CMBA Leadership Academy. Alex will be presenting “How to Stay out of Court” at the Solon Chamber of Commerce Luncheon in May. Want to have one of our attorneys speak to your organization? Visit bit.ly/GLFpresentations to see a list of topics and more information.
3. Wins and Closings – We’ve been resolving disputes, closing deals and solving problems for our clients and are proud to share some of our wins here:
- Negotiated and closed the sale of a middle-market company in the technology, media and telecom sector to a large, privately held company based on the east coast
- Obtained a $174,000 judgment in favor of a software company in a lawsuit against a non-paying business customer, plus $73,000 in attorneys’ fees
- Helped a franchise client execute a franchise agreement to bring a major fitness concept to the Cleveland area
- Achieved a favorable settlement against a roofing contractor for failing to pull permits for roofing construction
- Obtained a favorable resolution of a post-decree divorce hearing regarding marital taxes
- Defeated a consumer claim for breaches of consumer protection laws in a successful motion to dismiss
- Obtained a guardianship for an adult incompetent child, avoiding involuntary commitment
- Negotiated a favorable resolution of a commercial lease dispute
- Reached a favorable settlement against real estate agents alleged to have misled home-sellers
4. Top Legal Articles – In case you missed them, here are our top blog articles from this quarter:
- Top 10 Employment Law Issues for Growing Businesses and Best Practices to Avoid Hot Water by Alex Gertsburg
- When is a Personal Guaranty Unenforceable? by Max Julian
- Enforcing and Fighting an Automatic Renewal Provision in a Lease by Nick Weiss
5. Legal Tips and Information – Find blogs, videos, podcasts, events, and more in the News and Resources section of the GLF website. Did you know we have a YouTube channel? Find it at bit.ly/GLFyoutube.
6. Best.Podcast.Ever introduces listeners to local business and community leaders to learn the secrets of success. Details at thebestpodcastever.com.
Gertsburg Licata is a full-service, strategic growth advisory firm focusing on business transactions and litigation, M&A and executive talent solutions for start-up and middle-market enterprises. It is also the home of CoverMySix®, a unique, anti-litigation audit developed specifically for growing and middle-market companies.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is merely intended to provide a very general overview of a certain area of the law. Nothing in this article is intended to create an attorney-client relationship or provide legal advice. You should not rely on anything in this article without first consulting with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. If you have specific questions about your matter, please contact an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.
What our clients are saying:
“Your law firm has done a great job helping us with your CM6 (Cover My Six) process. Before we started
the process we didn’t have basic necessities that a business should have. CM6 has not only helped us get all
our documentation in order but has also streamlined the way we do business and is protecting us from the
most common issues any management faces. We appreciate the services and valuable advice offered by
you and your team.”
D.K. – Assistant Director, CheapFlightsFares.com
“You guys really know your stuff. Really plugged a lot of leaks in four of my companies.”
G.G. – Investor and entrepreneur
“The CM6 audit was a game-changer for my company. Saved us a ton of headaches, a ton of time, a ton of
energy and a ton of money. Great work, guys!”
O.K. – Owner of finance company in Miami, FL
“The CoverMySix team came in and swept through my companies with a fine-toothed comb. They
unearthed some serious problems I was having, especially with employees. I have over a hundred
employees in multiple states and was definitely not doing things right. CM6 saved me years of revenue that
was being eaten up by complaints and lawsuits. Later, in a random audit of one of my companies, the
attorney general’s office complimented us on how clean our operations were. Job well done.”
M.K. – Real estate and finance entrepreneur
“Sleeping much better at night. Thanks guys!”
V.G. – Vice President of multi-store auto dealership in two states
“You guys are taking lots of business away from trial lawyers. Can’t recommend you highly enough to all
L.J.M. – Compliance consultant to numerous mid-western companies