1. How to Stay Out of Court – Lawsuits are painful. They’re time-consuming, energy-consuming, distracting and expensive. Here’s a dirty little secret that every lawyer knows: most business lawsuits and investigations, or their damages and expenses, are entirely preventable if a company follows some simple pre-emptive steps. On September 20th, in conjunction with the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, GLF CEO Alex Gertsburg will share proven strategies for saving companies boat-loads of money both inside and outside the courts. Our presenters will then discuss the legal minefields that businesses fall into routinely and need to avoid in their operations. Mark your calendar and register today at bit.ly/CMBASeptember20 while space is available.
2. Supporting Dementia Research – Many of our clients, and we ourselves, have faced the challenge of having a family member receive a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease or another cause of dementia. Meg Pauken and The Gertsburg Law Firm are teaming up with Dr. Cameron Camp and the Center for Applied Research in Dementia to support advances in the treatment and care of dementia by donating a portion of the fee for every Estate Plan created to dementia research. The Center for Applied Research in Dementia is focused on creating innovative interventions for persons with dementia, Alzheimer’s and related disorders. To learn how you can contribute to the cause, contact Meg at (440) 571-7542 to schedule an estate planning consultation.
3. Rules for Building the Firm – In the June issue of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, Gertsburg Law Firm Founder Alex Gertsburg shared the guiding principles that he’s followed in shaping GLF into the firm he’s always wanted to work for and the one he’d previously want to hire. Read the featured article and learn how to succeed as a small business in any industry.
4. Best.Podcast.Ever is a collaboration between Alex Gertsburg and Molly Gebler, who interview business and community leaders – professional athletes and actors, school superintendents, restaurateurs, and many others – to learn the secrets of their success. Find over 50 episodes to stream or download at www.thebestpodcastever.com.
5. Summer Concerts – We’ve had a great time as the sponsor of the Chagrin Valley Chamber Simple Summer Nights Concert Series for the third year in a row. This year, we shared 17 concerts with our friends and neighbors throughout the region. Click the link above to see photos from the concerts, and plan to join us next year for good music and good people all summer long.
6. News and Resources – Our website menu has been revamped, and you’ll now find blogs, videos, podcasts, events, and more in the News and Resources. Find over 100 articles on topics covering Employment Law, Consumer Law, and ways to protect your business in our blog, hear interviews and get legal tips from our attorneys in our videos and audio files, and find out where we’re speaking next at gertsburglaw.com.
Gertsburg Licata is a full-service, strategic growth advisory firm focusing on business transactions and litigation, M&A and executive talent solutions for start-up and middle-market enterprises. It is also the home of CoverMySix®, a unique, anti-litigation audit developed specifically for growing and middle-market companies.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is merely intended to provide a very general overview of a certain area of the law. Nothing in this article is intended to create an attorney-client relationship or provide legal advice. You should not rely on anything in this article without first consulting with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. If you have specific questions about your matter, please contact an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.