The Gertsburg Law Firm works hard for businesses and the community. Here are some of the things we’ve been working on.
1. Wins and Closings – We’ve been resolving disputes, closing deals and solving problems for our clients and are proud to share some of our wins here:
- Obtained summary judgment on fraud & other claims against a buyer of a client’s business; awarded $136,000.00 in compensatory damages and $273,000.00 in punitive damages, plus $65,294.86 for attorneys’ fees and costs. Transportation Insurance Brokers Agency, Inc., et al. v. EMI Insurance Group, LLC, et al. (Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas)
- Successfully upheld judgment in favor of our client in the Eighth District Court of Appeals
- Resolved $136,000.00 judgment against real estate investor for zero dollars
- Obtained favorable settlement for a painting contractor against a multi-state residential real estate conglomerate
- Obtained favorable settlement in litigation for the breach of a software services contract
2. Simple Summer Nights Concert Series – For the fourth year in a row, Gertsburg Law Firm is proud to sponsor Simple Summer Nights concerts around the Chagrin Valley all summer long. Hosted by the Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce, all concerts are FREE and the perfect way to spend an evening with your friends and neighbors. Thursday concerts take place in Chagrin Falls Triangle Park (with rain location in Township Hall), and Tuesday concerts are in various parks around the valley. To find the next concert near you, visit cvcc.org, the events page on the GLF website or on our Facebook page.
3. We are far more than your business lawyers. Our attorneys are your trusted advisors, not just business counsel. When our clients are injured, we connect them to the injury lawyers who we believe are the best trial lawyers in town, attorneys who have won the highest awards for our clients and their friends and families. The same is true when our clients need criminal defense attorneys or realtors, CPA’s or insurance agents. We have carefully cultivated and curated a stable of the highest quality advocates, experts and professionals in town, so don’t just call is when you need a business lawyer. Call us when you need anyone. We are here to get you what you need, period.
4. Top Legal Articles – Find our blog, interviews with our attorneys, and more in the News and Resources section of our website. In case you missed them, here are our top blog articles from this quarter:
- How Conducting an Employee Performance Improvement Plan Properly Will Make You a Better Manager by Mark Turner
- Handwritten Wills in Ohio: Are they Valid? by Nick Weiss
- The Ohio Home Solicitation Sales Act: What is Covered and What is Not by Mark Turner and Cindy Menta
5. Best.Podcast.Ever is a collaboration between Alex Gertsburg and Molly Gebler, providing a look at local business and community leaders – entrepreneurs, business coaches, celebrities, and more – to learn the secrets of success. Stream episodes on most podcast players or at www.thebestpodcastever.com. Some recent episodes we think you’ll like include:
- Ep 81 – Sharon Toerek, intellectual property & marketing law attorney
- Ep 85 – Shari Hunter on creating opportunities for exceptional people
- Ep 88 – Tim Opsitnick discussing e-discovery and litigation management
- Ep 89 – Todd Goldstein on building community and supporting entrepreneurs
Gertsburg Licata is a full-service, strategic growth advisory firm focusing on business transactions and litigation, M&A and executive talent solutions for start-up and middle-market enterprises. It is also the home of CoverMySix®, a unique, anti-litigation audit developed specifically for growing and middle-market companies.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is merely intended to provide a very general overview of a certain area of the law. Nothing in this article is intended to create an attorney-client relationship or provide legal advice. You should not rely on anything in this article without first consulting with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. If you have specific questions about your matter, please contact an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.