Gertsburg Acquisition Partners, our growing M&A firm with a focus on buy-side representation, seeks to expand its staff of professionals. We target transactions ranging from $5MM to $100MM. Our highly regarded programs have put our services in high demand, and we have an immediate need for a skilled and dynamic professional to assist our current clients with their M&A assignments. As a Senior M&A Advisor, you will work closely with senior management on projects relating to acquisitions and divestitures. You will be responsible for developing leads; analyzing, valuing, and positioning businesses for sale; and managing the process from start to finish. Ideal candidates for this position come from a variety of backgrounds and industries including, but not limited to: active or semi-retired M&A professionals; business brokers and sales professionals active in financial or business services (insurance, accounting, estate planning, commercial real estate, etc.); or corporate industry executives with business development experience. Candidates should have a proven record of initiating, facilitating, and closing transactions; a working knowledge of financial statements; and superior communications skills. The ability to work independently with focused and persistent effort is critical to success. The candidate can work remotely or at our offices in Independence, Ohio, and would be a full-time, contract position.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please complete our Culture Index assessment at: https://portal.cultureindex.com/public/survey/general/QrAxGArpYf/62321 (requires less than 10 minutes of your time), as this is required of all candidates as the initial step of our vetting process.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Develop a trusted relationship with clients and assist them with the entire life cycle of an acquisition or sale.
- Provide support in project and transaction execution including, but not limited to, financial modeling and analysis, detailed due diligence, and transaction deal management
- Participate in initial discussions with potential acquisition targets to gain an understanding of key metrics such as company size, revenue mix, and profitability.
- Develop pro forma financial analysis for targeted acquisitions.
- Facilitate the execution of non-disclosure agreements and information requests.
- Discuss potential acquisition targets with clients and facilitate communications between the parties.
- Effectively communicate with buyers or sellers who may be unfamiliar with the transaction process.
- Manage information requests from the target company.
- Assist with post-transaction accounting, including networking capital true-ups and opening balance sheets.
- Analyze market segments, market trends, growth, competitive developments, and potential partners and acquisition targets to assist in recommendations to senior management.
- Assist in tracking and reporting on the status of strategic activities and pipelines.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 5+ years if transaction advisory or related mergers and acquisitions experience.
- 5+ years if progressive accounting or finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a track record of strong academic performance.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and US GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to discuss financial and transaction-related concepts.
- Experience in the lower middle market preferred.
- Must be able to comprehend, manipulate and interpret statistical data
- Proficient use of applicable technology (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to analyze and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality